Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Meeting a Troll

I was running through Orgrimmar, the Valley of Spirits I believe, when I accidentally bowled over a little troll priestess. She was such a tiny little thing for a troll! Most of the Darkspears are around seven feet in height, but this one was just shy of six. She was so dainty and slender, too - hardly like any of her fellows.

She apologized profusely, though I was the one to run her over. It took a lot of work to calm her down and convince her that I meant no harm. Once she stopped scraping and apologizing she became a rather pleasant individual. I convinced her to fish in the Orgrimmar pond with me and we spent the better part of the afternoon getting acquainted.

Her name is Auo'kita Keiaz Ikenaki though she goes by Keiaz. She was born on the Echo Isles, east of Sen'jin village on the coast of Durotar. Her family fell to the dark magic of Zalazane when she was still fairly young. I asked her how she escaped that fate and she told me, in her thick accent, that it was by the grace of the Light that she was strong enough to resist Zalazane's influence. Prior to that moment, she had trained as a shadow priestess. When she was "saved" by the Light, she turned to it completely and became a Holy priestess. She speaks of the Light as we Shu'halo speak of our Earthmother! I have never seen such strong faith in one of the Darkspears before.

She is very timid and shy, though I sense the strength and blood-thirst of her heritage buried deep within her. I believe she will come to terms with her losses and learn to strengthen her spine in time. She was adventurous enough to offer her services to me as a healer, after all.

I am deeply intrigued by her. I hope I will discover more of her past in future conversations. Perhaps I should tell Tesmi to look her up, for they share a desire to heal and a gentle soul.

No comments: